Header pic

"Mukluk slippers" - pattern by Diane Soucy on Ravelry, HERE.

Wednesday, 30 November 2016

Lover of candlelight...



Living in the Northern Hemisphere, it can be pretty grey and grim at this time of year.  Oh, how I love candlelight!  So soothing, so warm, so comforting.

I love reading about hygge, the Danish way of life that can't be translated into one English word.  It's warm, loving, gentle, simple, and much more besides.

Can there be anything nicer than flickering candlelight at the table?  

I light candles at breakfast, lunch and dinner.  It makes our meals much cosier. 

:)

Ta-ta for now! xxx


2 comments:

  1. I agree! I love lighting candles and it does seem very hygge. Something I've been thinking about is whether or not hygge can be noisy. I rather associate quiet with hygge. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't thought of it, interesting! I like quiet too, but the sound of children playing and laughing is very hygge, don't you think? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)