Header pic

"Mukluk slippers" - pattern by Diane Soucy on Ravelry, HERE.

Tuesday, 15 November 2016

Blanket beginnings...


Look what arrived  today! :)

After reading this post over at Annaboo's house, I was inspired to check out the yarn Sarah had used for her blanket.  Oh the choice!  

Take a look HERE.

Gorgeous yarns, aren't they?  And a bargain too!  As you can see, I went for the white, grey, camel, and blue combination because I love the seaside, and the colours reminded me so much of trips to the beach.  The plain grey in the pic is James C Brett DK with merino, which I already had in my stash.  I plan to use it for the border, although it is a teeny bit thinner than the mulit-coloured yarn, so I might have to rethink that one, we'll see.

I loved Sarah's idea of making circular grannies for this project, and she was kind enough to provide the pattern for free.  I am very much looking forward to starting my blanket soon.  No hurry though, I'm enjoying making the wedding shawl too much! :)

Ta-ta for now! xxx

2 comments:

  1. Lovely. How long did it take to arrive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered it on Friday afternoon and it arrived the following Tuesday! I was given a tracking number and it actually arrived in East Midlands airport on Saturday morning! Now that I've used it, I would say it's great for making blankets/cushions, etc but maybe not so good for clothing as it can vary in thickness a teeny bit.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)