Header pic

"Mukluk slippers" - pattern by Diane Soucy on Ravelry, HERE.

Monday, 28 November 2016

An extra Christmas prezzie...



It turns out we will be having a bonus Christmas guest at dinner this year.  One of my daughter's friends (and bridesmaid-to-be) will be joining us. :)  I have never met her, as my daughter lives quite a long way away from us, so all I know is that she loves Autumn colours.  I'm looking forward to meeting her!

I knitted up this hot water bottle cover in a couple of days as it's made with chunky yarn, or in my case, two strands of DK held together.  I used Stylecraft Special DK in Copper and Gold.

The pattern is in Jane Brocket's book..."The Gentle Art of Knitting".




I highly recommend this book, as it's full of easy projects.  I've made most of them now, and the hot water bottle cover is my favourite.  It's super quick and easy to make! :)

I decided to decorate the front of it with a few crocheted Autumn leaves.  Lucy's lovely pattern for Spring leaves was exactly what I needed!  Thanks Lucy!

I'm now in the process of working out a crochet pattern for a hot water bottle cover for one of my sons.  All done in plain single crochet, but in a nice colour-changing yarn. (I tend to work in US terminology with crochet, it seems to make more sense than UK terminology)

More on that next time...

Ta-ta for now! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)